Monday, September 12, 2011

Jane Eyre (2011)

Di says -  I have read the book and have watched at least 5 different versions in movie form and this one ranked somewhere in the middle.  I felt that Mia Wasikowska made a good Jane but Michael Fassbender as Mr. Rochester wasn't my favourite (he just isn't Timothy Dalton).  They took a new approach by starting half way through and then filling you in with flash backs which worked well for me anyways since I know the story so well.  They cut the movie time down to just over 2 hours so I felt like they missed out on some rather important scenes (some of which are in the deleted scenes).  I also didn't think that they built the relationship between Jane and Rochester up enough that he would propose to her (sorry if that gave too much away, who am I kidding, only Laura and Krista read this and I am sure you both know that, haha).  All in all it was an okay version but Laura it will make you crazy I am sure, it did for Jenn and I.
I give Jane Eyre (2011) 7 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment